Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Sickness & Art. And Food. Hair Tie=Higher Purpose.




I am a slacker. See look, theres me lying in bed for pete's sake!!

Day 3 and I ALREADY missed a day. Shame on me. So I must catch up with some good ole photos and commentary on yesterday's events/thoughts/feelings:

Okay so here I am yesterday chilling, doing my favorite past time (jacking around aka doing nothing productive) for a bit....my one goal yesterday was to get some good ole drawing/painting done and I did NOT do that at all!! BUT!! What I did do was:

Yester's Asskicking:

Chest/Tris
Superset #1 (4 sets of 12)
Flat Dumbell Chest Press
Dumbell Tricep Kickbacks
Superset #2 (4 sets of 12)
Incline Dumbell ChestPress w/Twist
Incline Barbell Skullcrushers
Superset #3 (4 sets of 12)
Cable Crossovers
Cable Rev Tricep Ext
Done.


So me and my AWESOME roomies have decided upon a one meal a week where we try out a new place (for at least one of us, mostly newbie me) and that means for me I eat watever I want, no 'Christen healthy food choices'. Melissa and I were craving hammmburgers and its been a loooong time since I've had a hamburger, since early LAST YEAR. WTF. So we went to Portland's Laurelwood Brewery, a decent place as pictured above, (note the hippie couple with obnoxious hat wearing during meal, a PDX normality)...I had the White Mountain Swiss Mushroom burger, not bad for not having a burger for so long....

So today.....after upon waking from a dream where I killed my other awesome roomates fish....where she laughed about it and I was mortified....I was left waking up to a new day with good ole 'dream residue' and realized the meaning of that silly little dream...upon quitting my job, dealing with ongoing body image issues, etc. I realize I'm beating myself up for stupid stuff, hence Alyssa's nonchalance at me killing her fish......

On a positive note....my hair tie ended up being reminder of an important life lesson learned recently by moi....

This morning upon waking up, pondering the meaning of my dream, and realizing I needed to get my ass up and run off that damn hamburger from last night, I was getting pissed off as I was getting ready to go run because I couldnt find a hair tie, but I thought don't worry about it just get dressed dude and as I started to head downstairs with my bed hair all askew there I saw my savior, the green hair tie I'd been avoiding picking up for the past couple of days. YAYA! See, don't worry about it and things will come your way, like hair ties when you REALLY need one.

So after running for over an hour (guilt duration) ((Creepy tree I just had to capture while running))---------------------------------------------->
I slowly succumbed to that thing called a cold throughout the day today and had to chill a lot BUT I did get cracking on the whole art deal, ya know painting....yaaaay.....
So what was the moral of today's activities?

Be positive and expect things to go your way and THEY WILL!!


Can't wait to be better and see what kind of trouble I can get into tomorrow!!

Muahhh ahhh ahhh......

No comments:

Post a Comment